Monday, June 6, 2016

A Good Night's Sleep

There's an energy that keeps us up at night, a special need to be great at what we do, to almost be the best, or just good enough to be seen. Ambition keeps us grounded and floating on clouds just above it. There is a delicate balance to achieve maximum velocity on a daily basis.

I'm striving to keep up the work, the pride, and the delivery I need my audience to view, but also for my ultimate satisfaction and stamp of approval. I am not the best, I will never be the best, because as long as I look up to another creator, artist, then I am not the best. Guidance is golden. To journey safely and without extreme mistake, a mentor will be helping me along, someone I hope all of my art companions have.

To be lucky, to be sound of mind, to become and maintain a full of life attitude is a goal, a struggle, a compliment if noticed. We are not perfect, but we can create something one of a kind, something, possibly, never seen before. We skim the surface, even when immersed fully, of a powerful and creative juice.

To be an artist, to be seen as an artist, to hear your self referred to as an artist, can only be met with the most grateful, humble, and cheesy smile. 

Cheers to me and my fellow artists on maybe, if we're lucky, one good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment